Saturday, May 7, 2011

NENE, NANA, NENA: MY 3 MOST IMPORTANT MOMS

How would you respond to this question: Who are your three most important moms?
In my world, the top bets are my own mom, my hubby’s mom and my non-mom.
The first two separate lives form our intertwined lives.  Through them, we were made whole. The third one is not my mom at all. She is my aunt who has been single-blessedly spending her past 18 years with us to help me look after my 10 angels while tending my backyard.
 I lovingly dedicate this page to you.
Nanay Nene, thank you is never enough to make you realize how proud and grateful I am to be your daughter. You’ve given much of yourself from that destined moment when I was just a seed, securely ensconced in your womb. The seed sprouted from inside, blossomed beautifully into a bud, and flowered to fruition... prolifically, I’d say.
I am who I am because you are you:  Nurturing, embracing, noteworthy, empowering.  
Now that I’m all grown up, you’re still around for me – making yourself available to the seeds that spring up from me – your grandchildren.
And yes, may I quote what Abraham Lincoln fondly shouted to the world as if it were my own, “ I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.  They have clung to me all my life.” 
_ _ _  
Nana, I owe you for how you’ve brilliantly created Phil. (Of course, never can I pay you back.) Your love and guidance that see him through the happiest and toughest times fortified his character.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
 Your light-heartedness gives joy to our hearts. Being with you brings out the giggles and the guffaws. You’ve fought the hardest hospital battles, just so you’ll be around longer for your children.
Yes, at 82, you can still chat over the net and play boggle or scrabble breezily.  Yet, you also know what counts the most. That is, your daily communion and devotion with the Father.  You’ve inculcated that in Phil, too.
_ _ _
Nena,You’re my angels’ Lola Bai ( moniker meaning “bait” or kind). You could have chosen to settle quietly in your own idyllic home in the province but your selfless love for our family won over. You've been with us for almost 18 years and you've given of yourself just like a real mother would have. Thank you so much for your constant and sacrificial presence.
I love you so much, my 3 Nanays. Salamat po sa inyong buhay. May you continue to shine today. You are God’s super blessings to me. J

No comments:

Post a Comment